The Pierre Fauchard Academy is a service
organization of dentists whose members are selected for their
dedication to the art and science of dentistry, and for their
contribution to its professional literature. They will readily
undertake to aid all members of the profession, wherever and whenever
possible, in the solution of scientific, technical and economic
problems. Further they are encouraged to continue contributing to the
dental literature and to assist in establishing and maintaining a high
plane of competence in professional publications. Above all, they
practice with self-restraint and recognized ideals, exemplified by the
"Golden rule" placing the welfare of patients above personal
aims and desires.
1. To elevate the character, education and professional ability of
the greatest number of dental surgeons by making available to them
dental literature, presenting the latest developments and opinions in
2. To encourage practitioners to contribute to the literature.
3. To encourage through annual awards, outstanding contributors to
the science and art of dentistry and service to the profession or to
the Society in general.
4. To establish personal contacts between leaders in the profession
and those who seek advice on technical or economic subjects.
5. To encourage Dental Student and foster advancement of their
scientific and professional standards.